Monday 30 April 2012

Letters of Verse - Part II


You were mine, only till twenty-five
but the world swept you away.
In rolled the charcoal skies, to have you abandon that sparkling ray
I recognized, but cupped these ears
only to muffle the roar

The wind now whispers their plan:
the overcast has decided to draw away
to let the yearning sun have its way

I spot the shy streaks of golden too
curving a grin in the once graying realm.
I know and I always did.
I'm glad that Spring is imminent
though the knowledge wrings this obstinacy,
(Forever is nothing more than a word)
Forever this spring will never be.

Though this Universe never promised balance,
It's still an unbalanced trade.
This scheme was not hard to unravel;
I know and I always did

but acceptance, now, dodges this terrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment