Saturday 23 February 2013

The Minor Costs of Living

There are times when I want and only want. The rest of the time I try to work a way around it. Sometimes, the 'Should' of 'The Way It's Done' happens. Most of the time there are just diversions. I scare myself in the most unpleasant way, by wanting to own. Obviously, I say nobody owns nobody. Empty spaces are only good to lose yourself into but they are anything but good to look at. At times I want to fill the spaces around me with people. Of my own. And then I say, people cannot be owned. Nobody owns nobody. Nobody thinks of it that way... like you yourself have been thought of all your life. That's not how it works. That's not how life works, I say. Fancy bed stands, jewels, vacant chairs and empty rooms are one of the few things that you can completely own. And your own self. I say, it's right. I daresay, love comes with costs but not for a price.

No comments:

Post a Comment