Friday 14 September 2012

Tomorrow.

It's been 5 years. Yes, we've stuck with each other for exactly that amount of time. My two girls have held my hand and put up with hale and storm, through summer and winter, just when I thought the day would never arrive again.
 Turn left or right, I had two shoulders to lay my head on.  And tomorrow, one of them is getting engaged. She's officially stamping the bond she has developed over one year with a man who makes her sift her words like gold from the dust. She's declaring her love to the world and the three of us feel we've never felt completer in each other's existence.
I've seen that look. That gleam which shoots across her eye within seconds, leaving everyone around her with a sprinkle of that out-of-this-universe dust; that trust. I've seen that look and I know she's sure which is what leaves me as happy as she is.
We always crack up over an absurd joke together. We've always had this thing. Synchronized. In Harmony. Now we smile together when she does. Tomorrow, we might shed a tear or two together too.
Sometimes I think we would traverse galaxies together if we were challenged to. At other times I think we're a little like whisky.

No comments:

Post a Comment