Saturday 8 June 2013

This, again.

Every time I set a limit for myself, I eventually end up breaking it. Every time I map plans, I end up deviating from them. For each of these times, you may call me careless or carefree or plain reckless but what I see, on each occasion, is the inability of life to be held back with reins, the inaccuracy of our judgments as naturally as they may come to us. For each of these times, I feel as if I have been reminded that even though I thought I had got it right this time, I haven't yet. It's cliched but it's true... how do I put this? Life is funny? No actually. Life doesn't have a sense of humour. We do. We develop one eventually when we realise that we never quite will know it completely or know it all.
Actually, this is upsetting. Not funny. Humour doesn't come naturally to you when you see yourself doing the things you probably never saw yourself doing. It's not funny when the winds suddenly shift their course, their temperature, jolt your body into adapting again and it's not funny when you observe people change right in front of your eyes, jolting your entire being into adapting to this idea of a new person within the same body, with the same face.
I guess we must eventually see that the seasons, the weather, the winds and the behaviour of the people around us should not move us more than it has moved itself. Acceptance; in every form; And it only comes to us when we understand that nature is not constant. We perhaps must at some point in time understand that in order to keep walking we have to tackle the turns at the corners and the twists and bumps on the ground. We must understand that those twists and turns are not the grounds' vengeance upon our feet but merely the nature of the ground- the earth beneath our feet that does not care.
This doesn't end here though. It is a mere link in this chain.
 The stage is circular, surrounded by an audience at every turn of an inch, and you imitate the earth as you revolve. You, like a dervish continue to enrapture us with your repetitive motions but we keep looking in search of an imitation, a fleeting reflection of our self. There is more to figure and this again, is not it. So we don't know what it is towards but like this dervish, we keep going on and on...

No comments:

Post a Comment